The House Republican Conference and the Office of Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers, a Republican leadership office, is looking for summer and fall interns. Responsibilities in the Conference office include coordinating and setting up for events, conferences, and meetings; managing the front office; and many administrative duties. There are also opportunities to work with the Communications, Coalitions, and Policy teams on various projects. Additionally, these interns will work in the Chair’s personal office, which represents her district in Eastern Washington. Here, interns will interact with constituents through phone calls, mail, tours, and processing flag requests. Applicants should be detail-oriented and friendly, as well as be able to successfully multitask in a fast-paced, professional environment. Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills, are required. This is a paid position. Washington State ties are a plus, but not required. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer-long internships are available in Olympia. Opportunities include marketing and media internships as well as through the Legacy Washington program. For more information, follow the link or check out the site of the SOS.
All across the state intern opportunities are available for the upcoming election! An essential objective of this internship will be learning the skills necessary for grassroots campaigning. College credit is available. Check out the party’s employment and internship application here.
The Washington State Democrats’ Coordinated Campaign is seeking proactive and teamwork-oriented candidates able to think critically, solve problems, and demonstrate initiative. Interns will have the opportunity to participate meaningfully in a statewide campaign that will make an impact this year on some of the most important races in Washington State.
- Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse, Pullman
- Army ROTC
- ASWSU Student Lobby Team
- Democratic National Convention
- Division of Governmental Studies and Services
- Foreign Affairs Council, Seattle
- King County Council
- Model United Nations, New York
- Spokane County Prosecutor’s Office
- Student Legal Services, WSU
- Thomas S. Foley Institute, WSU
- U.S. Embassy, Berlin, Germany
- U.S. House of Representatives, Representative Adam Smith
- U.S. House of Representatives, Representative Doc Hastings
- U.S. Senate, Senator Patty Murray
- U.S. Senate, Senator Maria Cantwell
- Washington State Court Historical Society
- Washington State Legislative Internship, Olympia
- …and many more!
There are a number of internships available through the Foley Institute. Below is a partial list of some of the organizations where we have placed students in the past few years. If you would like more information about these internships, or would like to hear about other opportunities that are currently available, please contact the internship coordinator at 509-335-3477.