Foley Graduate Student Fellowships 2022
The Thomas S. Foley Institute for Public Policy and Public Service is pleased to announce the availability of graduate student fellowships for summer 2022. These fellowships are available thanks to the generous gifts of Scott and Betty Lukins, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation, and Alice O. Rice.
Foley fellowships are open to currently enrolled graduate students at Washington State University at all four campuses in any discipline. The fellowships are aimed at students who are in the later stages of their graduate education, to enable completion of research projects. Between $500 and $2,000 will be awarded for each fellowship. The summer fellowships will be awarded to graduate students that apply to at least one of the following categories:
- Conducting research in the area of just and sustainable societies and policies.
- Seeking to enhance their public policy research skills and pursue a research agenda focusing on major policy issues.
- Conducting research in the area of political institutions and democracy.
How to Apply
Academic excellence and a research agenda that addresses at least one of the broad goals highlighted above will be the primary criteria used to select fellowship recipients. Funds are intended to support research expenses, and are not typically awarded for living expenses. Please supply the following:
- A one-page letter that outlines how you would use the award.
- A separate budget sheet, that details how you would spend the money.
- One letter of recommendation from a member of your academic committee.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Your student grade report (from mywsu) showing your most recent grades and your cumulative GPA – this should be an unofficial transcript.
Completed applications must be returned by email on or before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2022 to Richard Elgar at email@example.com
Priority will be given to students who have not previously received a fellowship from the Foley Institute.
- 2021 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2020 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2019 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2018 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2017 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2016 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2015 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients
- 2014 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients