Foley Graduate Student Fellowships, 2016
The Foley Institute is pleased to announce the availability of a number of graduate student fellowships. These fellowships are available thanks to the generous gifts of Scott and Betty Lukins, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation, and Alice O. Rice.
Fellowships are open to currently enrolled full-time graduate students at WSU at all four campuses in any discipline.
Between $1,000 and $4,000 will be awarded for each fellowship.
The fellowships will be awarded to graduate students that apply to at least one of the following categories:
- Conducting research in the area of just and sustainable societies and policies;
- Seeking to enhance their public policy research skills and pursue a research agenda focusing on major policy issues;
- Conducting research in the area of political institutions and democracy.
A research agenda, supported by your faculty reference, that addresses the at least one of the broad goals highlighted above will be the primary criteria used to select fellowship recipients.
Please supply the following
- A 1-2 page letter that outlines how you would use the award. You should clearly indicate what purpose you would put the award to. Your application should include a budget of your estimated expenses.
- One letter of recommendation from a member of your academic committee
- A current curriculum vitae
- Your student grade report (from zzusis) showing your most recent grades and your cumulative GPA.
Completed applications must be returned to the Foley Institute, 316 Bryan Hall, on or before 4pm on Wednesday, April 13, 2016. If you have any questions please call or e-mail Richard Elgar: email@example.com | 509-335-3477.
View 2015 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients.
View 2014 Graduate Student Fellowship recipients.