Foley Graduate Student Fellowships 2018
The Thomas S. Foley Institute for Public Policy and Public Service is pleased to announce the availability of graduate student fellowships for summer 2018. These fellowships are available thanks to the generous gifts of Scott and Betty Lukins, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation, and Alice O. Rice.
Foley fellowships are open to currently enrolled graduate students at Washington State University at all four campuses in any discipline. Between $1,000 and $2,000 will be awarded for each fellowship. The summer fellowships will be awarded to graduate students that apply to at least one of the following categories:
- Conducting research in the area of just and sustainable societies and policies.
- Seeking to enhance their public policy research skills and pursue a research agenda focusing on major policy issues.
- Conducting research in the area of political institutions and democracy.
How to Apply
Academic excellence and a research agenda that addresses at least one of the broad goals highlighted above will be the primary criteria used to select fellowship recipients. Please supply the following:
- A one-page letter that outlines how you would use the award.
- A separate budget sheet, that details how you would spend the money.
- One letter of recommendation from a member of your academic committee.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Your student grade report (from zzusis) showing your most recent grades and your cumulative GPA – this can be an unofficial transcript.
Completed applications must be returned to the Foley Institute, 316 Bryan Hall, on or before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 7, 2018. If you have any questions, please call or email Richard Elgar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-3477.
Priority will be given to students who have not previously received a fellowship from the Foley Institute.